University of Otago Scholarship 2024: The University of Otago, New Zealand offers an International Scholarship for foreign students to study at this university. The purpose of this scholarship is to attract talented students from all over the world to study humanities at this university. These scholarships can help defray tuition, fees, accommodation, and other study expenses.
The University of Otago was established in 1869 by the Otago Provincial Council. This University is a research university with an international reputation for excellence. This university offers a wide range of graduate, undergraduate, and doctoral programs for more than 20 thousand students.
University of Otago Scholarships 2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees. Up to 200 Scholarships will be awarded annually and will be of value ranging from NZ$10,000 to NZ$30,000 for doctoral, postgraduate, and undergraduate study.
Otago is one of the leading research institutions in the Asia-Pacific region, with world-class teaching and a team of highly experienced and expert faculty. The university offers flexible study programs, where students can combine subject areas to obtain a degree that will expand future career opportunities.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / Ph.D.
- Institution(s): University of Otago
- Study in: New Zealand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All the available courses
- Program Period: Depends upon the degree Program
- Deadline: click here to check for the deadline of the Application
The University of Otago Scholarships will provide:
• Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students
• The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students provides a NZ$10,000 contribution towards the tuition fee on an eligible program.
• University of Otago International Master’s Research Scholarship
• NZ$17,172 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for 1 year capped at the domestic rate for Master’s study (excludes student services fee and insurance)
• Number of scholarships offered: 8
• University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
• Doctor of Philosophy – NZ$30,696 stipend per annum plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance) Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) – NZ$30,696 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the domestic rate (excludes student services fee and insurance).
The requirements to apply for a University of Otago scholarship vary depending on the type of scholarship. However, some common requirements include:
- Be an international student who is not a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or resident visa holder of New Zealand or Australia
- Have an excellent academic record.
- Be a high-potential student.
- Demonstrate interest in the scholarship area of study.
- Having English language skills ( TOEFL, IELTS)
- Having good academic grades
- Be enrolled in one of the fields of this university
- Providing transcripts and academic documents
- Submitting a resume or CV
- Presentation of motivation letter
How to increase your chances of getting a scholarship
Here are some tips to increase your chances of getting a University of Otago scholarship:
- Start early. Scholarships are competitive, so it’s important to start preparing as early as possible.
- Have an excellent academic record. Scholarships are based on academic merit, so it is important to maintain a strong academic record.
- Be a high-potential student. Scholarships are also based on potential, so it’s important to demonstrate that you are a high-potential student.
- Demonstrate interest in the scholarship area of study. Scholarships are generally awarded to students who demonstrate an interest in the scholarship’s field of study.
- Write a compelling personal statement. The personal statement is an important part of the application process, so it’s important to write a compelling personal statement that highlights your skills and achievements.
- Obtain strong letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation are another important part of the application process, so it’s important to get strong letters of recommendation from professors or mentors who can speak to your skills and accomplishments. Check out: How to Write a Research Proposal for Scholarship or Grant Applications
How to Apply – University of Otago Scholarship 2024
Before you can apply for scholarships, you need to complete the first stages of enrolment at the University. The information on our Apply to Enroll page will guide you through the steps to create your account in eVision – our student portal.
Once you’ve created your eVision account, select the Complete application button under My Programs and Papers. Fill in the Personal details, Contact details, and Educational background sections.
When you’re ready to complete the scholarship application, select the Apply Now button under My Scholarships and Awards in the eVision portal.
Read more about the scholarship details here
- University of Otago Scholarships Page: https://www.otago.ac.nz/study/scholarships/
- University of Otago website: https://www.otago.ac.nz/
Video Tutorial Guides on University of Otago Scholarship 2024
- University of Waikato Scholarship 2024 – Study in New Zealand
- Doha Institute For Graduate Studies Scholarship 2024 – Study in Qatar
- Abu Dhabi University Scholarships 2024 – Apply Now
- The University of Camerino Scholarship 2024 – Study in Italy
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship in Qatar 2024 is Opened. Apply Now
- How To Apply for Qatar Government Scholarships 2024. Check Now
- Study in Finland – University of Oulu Scholarship 2024
- Apply for Shandong University Scholarship 2024 Admission