Deakin University in Australia offers scholarships for both international and domestic students of all degree levels — undergraduate, master’s, and doctorate. They have a wide range of partially funded and fully funded scholarships.
Deakin University, as one of Australia’s leading academic centers, offers students various skills through global programs and innovative digital interaction. This university has provided suitable conditions for students by creating opportunities to live and work together. Deakin State University always plans to promote social, cultural, and economic welfare with its new ideas. In this article, while introducing the conditions for admission to Deakin University in Australia, we provide important information about this university: stay with us
Australia is a favorite destination for many students. The land of kangaroos surely seems a cool place to study; with universities that have a wide range of subjects to offer, global academic recognition, strong research, cultural diversity, work opportunities, pleasant weather, and no language barrier.
However, when it comes to finances, studying there is not a cup of tea for everyone. It’s insanely expensive for international students if they’re not availing of any scholarships. If you’re aspiring to pursue your studies in Australia but financial hurdles are holding you back, you should not worry anymore! You’re going to know all the details of Deakin University Scholarships in this post.
Speaking of the academic reputation of Deakin University, it’d been ranked in the top 1% of universities globally by The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) aka Shanghai Ranking in 2020. It was placed 231. The university is internationally renowned for its teaching, cutting-edge facilities, and research.
Enough talking about the uni’s ranking and reputation. Let’s get right into the details of their scholarships.
Host Country: Australia
Host University: Deakin University
Funded by: There are different categories. Some are funded by the Australian government, some by the university, while others are external.
Scholarship Type: Deakin University Scholarships have different types. They can be fully funded, merit-based, partially funded, or award-based.
Degree Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D.
Deadline for Applications: Depends on the degree program and scholarship type click here to check the deadline
Deakin University Scholarships will provide:
- A stipend of $34,400 per annum tax exempt (2024 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) is awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas to study at Deakin
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Other Scholarship Benefits/Coverage depend on the type of scholarship you Apply for under the Deakin University Scholarship which includes the following:
Deakin University Undergraduate Scholarships
Deakin University offers a range of undergraduate scholarships. Some of them are given as follows:
Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship
This is one of the most prestigious and competitive scholarships at the undergraduate level in Australia. It’s awarded each year to students with exceptional academic achievements and extracurricular activities. The minimum ATAR ( Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) score required for this scholarship is 95.
Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship covers 100% of your tuition fee award cash payment of $5000 per year. The total value of this scholarship is $35,000 to 80,000 (depending on your course duration).
Deakin Student Support Scholarship
Deakin University offers this scholarship for deserving undergraduate and postgraduate students who have financial barriers. Its value is up to $10,000 per year.
Deakin Undergraduate Scholarship for Excellence
This is a merit-based scholarship offered for talented students with excellent records in academics, extracurricular activities, arts, leadership, and community service. The scholarship worth is $5,000 per year as cash, towards tuition fees, or a combination of both.
Deakin University offers these additional scholarships through the generous support of their donors. A few of such Donor Scholarships are:
- Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Scholarships
- Alliance Catering Scholarship
- Deakin Achieving Potential Scholarship
- South West Philanthropic Scholarships
- George Alexander Foundation Scholarships
Deakin University Postgraduate Scholarships
There are several postgraduate scholarships at Deakin University that can financially help you in your master’s studies. A few of them are listed below:
Deakin Postgraduate Scholarship for Excellence
This is the same merit-based scholarship that we discussed before. For postgraduate students, its value is $10,000 per year as cash towards the tuition fee or a combination of both.
Master of Laws (LLM) Domestic Scholarship
This scholarship is offered students for students of the Master of Laws (LLM) program. It is worth $6,000 per year. The Faculty of Business and Law at the Deakin Law School will select 10 students for this scholarship.
Deakin Student Support Scholarship
This one is also common for both graduate and undergraduate students. Deakin University offers this scholarship to a few hundred financially deserving students each year. Its worth is $10,000 per year.
Deakin University Research/Ph.D. Scholarships
Deakin University offers a good number of government and university-funded scholarships for students of Ph.D. and research. These scholarships can cover tuition fees, accommodation, relocation and health allowances, and stipends.
The majority of research and Ph.D. scholarships are awarded in the annual scholarship round. You’ll need to have an H1 grade average or equivalent for the application process. A few of them are given below:
Deakin HDR Scholarship
Deakin University offers this scholarship for both domestic and international students. It includes a stipend of $28,600 per year and a relocation allowance of $500 to $1500 for students who are moving to study at the Deakin.
Fulbright Ph.D. Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by The Australian-American Fulbright Commission which is a non-profit organization sponsored by the governments, business partners, endowments, and private bequests of both countries.
Deakin University External Scholarships
As a Deakin student, you can also apply for several external scholarships. These scholarships are offered by different organizations that are not affiliated with Deakin University. Some of these external scholarships are listed below:
- Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships
- Western Chances Scholarships
- Victorian State Government Scholarships
- Sparro Student Grant
- Rural Bank Scholarships
- PCL Lawyers Legal Scholarship 2021
- Australian Government New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program
- Bendigo and Adelaide Banks Scholarships
- Acer Gamset Scholarship
- Charlie Bell Scholarship
- Contevo Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Cyber Security Scholarships from SSLTrust
- Real Futures Grant
- Refractique Australia Scholarship
- Vision Australia Grant
- Gary Sansom Scholarship
- Graduate Women Victoria Scholarship
- Australian Rotary Funding Health Partners Scholarship
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Sponsorship Award
- Australian Indigenous Education Foundation
The eligibility criteria pretty much depend on the type of scholarship that you’re applying for. Generally, all international students are eligible to apply for the Deakin University Scholarships. Excellent academic record, research contributions, work experiences, proficiency in English, and other good things on your profile will help you in your selection of a specific scholarship at Deakin University.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not to support general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and achieved a first-class Honours degree or equivalent level of academic achievement.
- For Doctoral degree:
-Completion of a research project in a related area including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with the achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 70% or equivalent.
-Masters Degree (Research) in a related area.
- For Master’s Degree:
-Completion of research project including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 65% or equivalent.
- Check the link for further information about the eligibility requirements.
Check what supporting documents you need you will need to submit supporting documents with your scholarship application. Different documents are required depending on the type of scholarship you are applying for.
How to Apply for Deakin University Scholarships in Australia 2024 – Apply now
For the details of a specific scholarship, you can visit the university’s official website through the following link button:
The first thing is to find the details of a specific scholarship, you can visit the university’s official website to find a scholarship tool to browse what opportunities are available. Filter search by level of study and student type. If you’re an international student, you can filter by citizenship type, too.
If you have any further queries about the Deakin University Scholarships, you can email them at [email protected]
- Bilkent University Scholarships in Turkey – Apply Now
- Ghent University Master Mind Scholarship – Study in Belgium
- Indonesian Government Fully Funded Scholarship (KNB)
- University of Waikato Scholarship – Study in New Zealand
- Turkish Government Research Scholarships Application
- Danish Government Scholarship – University Of Southern Denmark