The WMO Program of the Chinese Government Scholarship is available to foreign students. It offers a degree, postgraduate degree, master degree, and Ph.D. in meteorology from China’s Universities.
WMO is the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) scholarship found by MOE China to support international students in their studies and research into meteorology in China. The scholarship deadline is scheduled for February.
The Chinese Government Scholarship program is available for bachelor, master and doctoral students to study through WMO. The bursary includes the main study as well as the Chinese language study, as states by the Letter of Admission. It offers assistance for undergraduates for nothing less than 5 academic years, Master students not exceeding 3 academic years, or Ph.D. students no longer than 4 academic years.
Details About the Chinese Government Scholarship
- Country: China
- Host: Chinese Universities
- Eligibility Nationalities: International Students
- Benefit: Fully-Funded
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Masters, and Ph.D.
- Deadline: August 2023.
Degree of University and Available Programs
Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Master, and Ph.D. programs are available to students who wish to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship which will take place in the Chinese Universities-WMO program.
Under this scholarship program, the below programs are available to the students. The only program available is: Meteorology
Application is valid for students from any country other than China. This WMO-program is only available for international students, while the Chinese students are excluded. They are not eligible for the scholarship.
Benefits from the Chinese Government Scholarship – WMO Program
The Chinese Government Scholarship program covers tuition waiver, housing, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance. Those are the benefits that will be awarded. For information on each item, please see the introduction of CGS before applying for the scholarship.
Criteria for Eligibility
In order to qualify for the CGS Scholarship – WMO program, the applicant’s degree and age requirements must be met. The acceptable degree and age are:
- For the undergraduate applicant, he or she must be a high school graduate under the age of 25 at the time of filling the application form.
- To apply for the master’s programs, the applicants must be a bachelor under 35 years of age at the time of the application.
- To register for a doctoral program, you must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 years at the time of the application to the CGS programs.
Students are expected to submit the following when applying for CGS program online:
- a Chinese Government Awards application form
- a transcript of their academics
- a notarized diploma (photocopy)
- two letters of recommendation
- a study plan or thesis proposal
- a copy of the Preadmittance Letter
- a copy of an HSK Certificate
- a copy of the legal guardians in China
- Note that: all the documents should be combined together on the top-left corner in 6.1 to 6.10 order.
- The requirement for language: all students must follow the University’s English language standards.
How To Apply for the Scholarship
The CGS program applicants must complete the online application process under the CGS Information Management System for International Students. Check here to see the information and click on the “Application Online” button to log in.
Hope there is no any issues? If there is any, kindly let us know through the comment box section. Also, make sure you share this information with others. There is love in sharing.